CLIMATE GOVERNANCE / COUNCIL EMISSIONS / COMMUNITIES / ADAPTING TO CLIMATE CHANGE
NAGA supports the role of councils in working with communities to tackle climate change
- a business case report presenting independent and objective analysis of the costs and benefits of a state-wide solar finance program that assists low income households in Victoria to access solar photovoltaic (PV) systems
- a regional Solar Savers program that will deliver solar to nearly 300 low income households across 22 local government areas in Victoria
- identifying support for businesses to reduce emissions and adapt to climate change
- bringing land use planners together with energy distributors for future energy planning
- sharing information on Virtual Net Metering, which offers councils and local community power groups an opportunity to generate local, renewable energy and connect it to an audience.